Hi10 Anime
You must be logged in to access this site's content.

Latest news: read here

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hi10 Anime
You must be logged in to access this site's content.

Latest news: read here

A Guide to Merging MKVs with Ordered Chapters

2 posters

Go down

A Guide to Merging MKVs with Ordered Chapters Empty A Guide to Merging MKVs with Ordered Chapters

Post by thirdworldpcgamer Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:26 pm

I download most of my anime here in this site. Most of the time however, I watch on my phone, and no video players on the Android supports Ordered Chapters. I was searching for a guide to merge the Opening, Ending and the Episode into a single MKV but almost nothing worked for me, even with experimenting with MKVmerge and Unlink MKV. So anyone here knows how to properly merge them?

PS: I'm not saying that every encoder should not use Ordered Chapters. It's actually helpful when you're trying to save disk space space. I'm just suggesting for someone to make an easy to understand guide if anyone knows how to do this because I can't find any working explanation in the internet.
thirdworldpcgamer
thirdworldpcgamer

Back to top Go down

A Guide to Merging MKVs with Ordered Chapters Empty Re: A Guide to Merging MKVs with Ordered Chapters

Post by reimart066 Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:25 am

IIRC Ordered chapters is supported on VLC for Android but it is a hit-and-miss feature. Depending on how it is encoded, it behave just like in the PC version or it will only play audio for the rest of the video.

Regarding your main concern. I have found this thread which uses a custom GUI for UnlinkMKV to simplify the merging of chapter files. I can't confirm if it is working as some dependencies conflicts with my system at work. Might try it again once I got home from work.
reimart066
reimart066

Back to top Go down