Hi10 Anime
You must be logged in to access this site's content.

Latest news: read here

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hi10 Anime
You must be logged in to access this site's content.

Latest news: read here

Ideas to help improve this site?

+11
Wanderer
red
Kuroneko-Sama
zeust
Noihara
RanDom
ClericLaw
b-cix
K!RA
Kenjo
devileyes
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ideas to help improve this site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas to help improve this site?

Post by devileyes Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:21 pm

RanDom wrote:
devileyes wrote:sweet mate, awesome ideas so far.. keep em coming, however i just hope that they would let us help...
Sure any help is welcome, it's just that to upload in mega and similar hosting services we can use the remote url upload which is really easy, the files must be uploaded only once in the encoder's folder that is inside the server, then the server will upload the files automatically through the remote url upload (the enoder doesn't have to do anything, it's basically 1-click step), it's really simple and there's no need to use any other service for it, also is more easy for the encoder to manage the files and the updates this way.
I don't know anything about XDCC but sure why not, the bots would help a lot, many other sites like this are using XDCC.

alright i'll be asking my friends about xdcc then and i'll let you know what happens with me later...

devileyes

Back to top Go down

Ideas to help improve this site? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas to help improve this site?

Post by devileyes Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:14 am

alright so after asking around for a bit, and speaking with many people, i came across this bot called iroffer, this one can be used along with an irc channel, a tutorial on how to configure it "iroffer" , and setting up an irc channel is not hard, we just have to get to irc, then do "/join #[whatevernamewewantgoeshere]" then  if the name is not taken it will be ours, after that we have to register the channel ...
and after that comes the bot and other stuff.. so now we only need someone who have a server or a 24/7 running pc to host the bot...
devileyes
devileyes

Back to top Go down

Post by zeust Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:27 pm

Well, in my opinion, we should be professionals and do this. (While keeping DDL and Torrents, obviously)
- Try out xdcc approach first. It will be helpful in sharing other legal things. (If you know what I mean. XD)
- If it works, and it would if handled carefully, we should stick to it.

- If not, we should try Free Hosting.
zeust
zeust
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name: Uchiha Itachi
Profession: Nukenin
Level:
Ideas to help improve this site? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/1Ideas to help improve this site? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

https://hi10anime.forumur.net

Back to top Go down

Post by devileyes Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:50 pm

zeust wrote:Well, in my opinion, we should be professionals and do this. (While keeping DDL and Torrents, obviously)
- Try out xdcc approach first. It will be helpful in sharing other legal things. (If you know what I mean. XD)
- If it works, and it would if handled carefully, we should stick to it.

- If not, we should try Free Hosting.
well now we only need someone to host the bot? do you know anyone who can do that?
devileyes
devileyes

Back to top Go down

Post by zeust Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:15 pm

devileyes wrote:well now we only need someone to host the bot? do you know anyone who can do that?
Only Zash and Khoas are familiar with this stuff and I don't know how much they know about it. Though, I'll ask him about all this anyway.
-If you (or anyone) else is good at this stuff, feel free to help us XD
zeust
zeust
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name: Uchiha Itachi
Profession: Nukenin
Level:
Ideas to help improve this site? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/1Ideas to help improve this site? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

https://hi10anime.forumur.net

Back to top Go down

Post by devileyes Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:37 pm

zeust wrote:
devileyes wrote:well now we only need someone to host the bot? do you know anyone who can do that?
Only Zash and Khoas are familiar with this stuff and I don't know how much they know about it. Though, I'll ask him about all this anyway.
-If you (or anyone) else is good at this stuff, feel free to help us XD

well i am good at this tuff (i can learn how to do it fast) but i cant leave my pc open 24/7 nor i have i have a server to do this T_T
devileyes
devileyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuroneko-Sama Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:00 pm

How about Uploading the .Torrent File to Anime Torrent Sharing like Nyaa.Eu. It can Increased Seeder maybe and keep the torrent alive.

Forgive me If Something Wrong in My English.
Kuroneko-Sama
Kuroneko-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by RanDom Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:42 am

Nyaa.eu doesn't accept re-encoded files anymore, the Hi10 Anime account was removed too, it happened months ago. Alternatively we can use ****** but is better to wait for a stable situation and a static server IP before uploading any files there, I don't want to saturate the ****** downloader-bot with dead torrents, they might ban us.. xD

Last edited by RanDom on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
RanDom
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name: Happy
Profession: Exceed Mage
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuroneko-Sama Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:00 am

Ow.... It's that's so. I Don't Know That.

I Got Another Ideas Again:
Since The Torrent Using WebSeed, why not using just Torrent Only for Older Completed Release?
It is the same with DDL or not?

I Have Another Ideas, but i will say it depend on that anwer.
i will keep think another Ideas because until now i can only download anime that Encoder Upload it to Host File. and that really annoy since i really want to download that Bakemonogatari 1080p. and the speed suck.
Kuroneko-Sama
Kuroneko-Sama

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenjo Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:59 am

Why would you want to exclude DDLs?
Ideas to help improve this site? - Page 2 3KlJM

If you didn't understand the early premise of this thread, we are trying to come up with alternatives since not everyone can enjoy the benefits of torrents. Having said, you might want to think of other people's situation also before suggesting further ideas.

Furthermore, if you would just take some time to read comments on the news here and the FAQs here, you might have learned a new trick on how to speed up your download.

Wow, that's a lot of spoonfeeding. o.O
Kenjo
Kenjo

Character sheet
Character Name: Roronoa
Profession: Pirate Hunter
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by RanDom Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:50 am

Like Kenjo said, removing ddl won't be a good choice for many reasons, btw about Bakemonogatari you should get the latest torrent file, it was updated:
http://web.hi10anime.com/bakemonogatari/

This is my current speed, using it:
Ideas to help improve this site? - Page 2 NGF7hZp

Before using the new file, you've to remove the old one but, don't remove the incomplete files, only the torrent. If you use the same download directory, it will automatically synchronize and your download will be resumed with no problems.
RanDom
Admin

Character sheet
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by red Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:04 pm

hi, new to the forum Smile

first of all: great job and thanks for your hard work!!

few suggestions from my side:

1. no ddl: it just causes more costs and general trouble

2. more focus on bittorent, for an example:
a) main seedbox with all the stuff
b) two or more cheap root server for traffic sharing (seeding of selected torrents)
cheap root server: http://www.ovh.de/dedicated_server/isgenug.xml
c) limit pro seedbox and pro torrent upload slots to like 4-8, let bittorrent do its job
d) limit pro seedbox bitorrent bandwitdth to like 50mbit, rest of it can be used for xdcc

3. use xdcc

4. use rapidshare/dropbox and such

5. website could use a little bit more of standardization:
a) category
b) status: ongoing/done
c) download: torrent, xdcc, etc
d) always a batch for completed projects / remove single downloads

regards
red
red

Back to top Go down

Post by RanDom Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:56 am

Welcome to the forums red!

1) About DDL I think that is what makes Hi10 unique, other than the good compressed files, before the switch to this new provider the speed wasn't really bad, it was like 20-40 kbyte/s and compared to now it was not so bad, the problem that we've now is with the badwidth limit that was reached 3 weeks ago (it should reset this week) because the provider did some nasty stuff on their own without contacting us, the new server was supposed to be in Iceland with 50 TByte/month @ 1GBit but for some unknown reason they moved the files to a German server which, due to laws and taxes, costs a lot more, so once this problem is resolved there shouldn't be any more trouble with the DDL.
2) I'd really like if more people would seed their downloads, I'm waiting for the situation with the server to stabilize because if the IP changes again then I've to reupdate all the torrent files, it happened already 2 times and it was a waste of time if I were to do it again (it takes a lot of time and we've over 600 torrents), so once that we get an official static IP I'll surely fix every possible torrent file that we've in the server, this is another reason to keep the DDL because with people not seeding the torrents, if there're no web seeds most likely all torrents would be dead in less than 2 weeks.
2-a) I was looking at the seedbox prices some week ago and they cost almost like a dedicated server (or did you mean that we should install the seedbox in a dedicated server?), I don't know if it's really worth it, probably 60-70% of people cannot use the torrent clients because some providers, work places and schools have filters for p2p/torrent programs, also we've almost 4 TByte of files and a seedbox so large would probably cost a lot.
2-b) This is a nice suggestion, I was reading the prices of OVH and it's really cheap, I think that if the current provider doesn't give us the server in Iceland, most likely we're going to change (in Germany is really too expensive), the advantage of Iceland is that there're less problems with DMCA and similar stuff, so that's why it's the favourite solution but, this provider.. let's see what they're gonna do.
2-c) we used to have over 300 simultaneous downloads with the previous 100 MBit server (before going to the current provider) and I don't know if limiting the seedbox slots to that number could be a good idea, we've really many old torrents and take that by chance 20 people are downloading some old Naruto episodes, everybody else will be stuck and they would not even be able to download the most recently released files, even though I never used a seedbox before so I don't know if it works like I'm thinking.
2-d) I didn't know that it was possible to use the seedbox in xdcc, or did you mean we should install both on the same server?
3) Definitely, we're surely gonna use it, I don't know anything about xdcc but some other encoders know a bit of stuff.
4) I'm testing some site atm and I found that Dropbox has like 20GB/hour of limit (after uploading the latest episodes of SNK, my public links have been disabled for 3 days and can't use it anymore.. xD), now I'm uploading on Google Drive that has 15 GB of space, I hope there's no limit or at least I hope it's better than Dropbox. I'll try Mediafire and Sky Drive too, many encoders already are using Mega and looks like a really good service, the problem is that for FireFox users it doesn't work very well (I use FF and cannot download anything from Mega for some reason), so I'm searching for some alternative service.
For your last suggestion, I agree with everything, currently like I wrote here I'm waiting for the provider to answer us before releasing the torrents. While, about the cateories I'll fix them during this week, most likely.
Anyway, I really appreciate that you're posting suggestions and new ideas, every opinion is welcome!

Mina-san, arigatou! Ideas to help improve this site? - Page 2 HnAjkgw
RanDom
Admin

Character sheet
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by red Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:50 pm

ddl: ok, i do understand your reasoning, just hope you will get it sorted, btw there have been many sites with direct download ... but they are no more, just my observation Wink

torrent: no, no seedbox as such, just a root server with some torrent client running (like rtorrent),
for example with the ovh for 4eu/month and 500gb hdd offer:
i would run on each box the newest torrent - no older than week or so
would also split the older stuff, it should be easly doable - one box for one series, second box for other..

you are mixing torrent with web seed, is it wise? the main reason of bitorrent existence is to share traffic load, with webseed you are just practically make bitorrent useless..

xdcc: should work on those root servers too, xdcc is just a file transfer for irc

regards
red
red

Back to top Go down

Post by Wanderer Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi, guys! Do you have plan to tag anime genres in anime series? It will help me to find which anime should I download... I prefer ecchi & comedy genres... Smile 
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by aborwx Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:04 am

Newer shows should have genre tags, however, it is not required for the encoder to add, although if they use my PostMaker it is very easy to do (that is if it grabs the right show, which it sometimes does not for whatever reason).

Example: http://hi10ani.me/rescue-me/rescue-me-10-bit-bd-720p-bd-1080p

When you look above 'About aborwx', you will see them: 'This entry was posted in Rescue Me! and tagged 10 bits, 10-bit, 720p, bd, Ecchi, harem, Rescue Me!, Romance by aborwx. Bookmark the permalink.'

And then you simply click on the tag and it will show you all of the other shows that have that tag.
aborwx
aborwx
Admin

http://hi10anime.com/author/aborwx

Back to top Go down

Post by eraniichan Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:43 am

Genre was still not shown to some post. And oh, if ever this would be implemented in all anime, mind if you can add a search anime function where in it is searchable by genre or theme. This would help people to search anime quickly that suits to their taste. If ever you want to implement this, then I can lend a hand. I'm knowledgeable with php scripts and database query.
eraniichan
eraniichan

Back to top Go down

Post by RanDom Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:02 pm

eraniichan wrote:Genre was still not shown to some post. And oh, if ever this would be implemented in all anime, mind if you can add a search anime function where in it is searchable by genre or theme. This would help people to search anime quickly that suits to their taste. If ever you want to implement this, then I can lend a hand. I'm knowledgeable with php scripts and database query.
We're using tags for the cateogory name (they're below each post), the older posts don't have it but I think all posts released since last summer should be fixed, we can make a page for the cateogry list probably, I'll try to check if it's possible to make it later (right now I cannot reach the site for some reason).

Ideas to help improve this site? - Page 2 Q0v7Hnn
RanDom
Admin

Character sheet
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by eraniichan Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:58 am

Oh yeah I have checked it and its working as intended. Hope that you have time to update other anime as well. Smile
eraniichan
eraniichan

Back to top Go down

Post by hansm Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:37 pm

hi, I worte this in the IRC-Channel but got no reply so i post this here again in the hopes that one day someone might read this. I wasn't sure if it warrented a new thred.

hi admins,
you have µtorrent as prefered torrent client in your FAQ
you should consider switching to qbittorrent: http://www.qbittorrent.org/
it is just as feature rich and has the added bonus of being on every OS.
and i have read somewhere that utorrent was bought by the movie companies and they secretly spy on users now.
qbittorrent is OpenSource and is being developed to this day.
just a sugestion, thought you should know. I'm not affiliated with qbittorrent or anything.
hansm
hansm

Back to top Go down

Post by eji30 Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:03 pm

Hi I'm new to Hi10Anime and I must say that this is really really the best out there!!
Just want to suggest another type of navigation/filtering when searching for anime (don't know if it's already in there but as far as I saw, there isn't) - On-going & Completed. I don't know, it's not really that big of a deal, but there are some people (like me), who for example, wants to watch completed anime first. I think this would be really cool. Thanks!! Surprised Smile
eji30
eji30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2