Hi10 Anime
You must be logged in to access this site's content.

Latest news: read here

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hi10 Anime
You must be logged in to access this site's content.

Latest news: read here

Problems with the OC (Ordered Chapters)

2 posters

Go down

Problems with the OC (Ordered Chapters) Empty Problems with the OC (Ordered Chapters)

Post by mbex013 Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:18 am

I know that using OC for the series are good to save up more space cheers , and I'm not against it. but I think sometimes some are not good when doing it

here are some problems that I noticed:
• some encoders re-encodes their episodes without knowing that there are some scene changes at the OP/ED (OP/ED new version)
• some subtitles are missing after the OP/ED of the series because of OC
• some mixes 2 or more fansubs in one series (episodes subtitle sources are different for the OP/ED)

I forgot the other problems, because I don't really care before but I posted this because I think its getting more common *in my observation*

I hope the releases that got some problems especially the BD ones will be fixed. Thanks  Very Happy 

I'm sorry for this post, I just want to help to improve the releases here.  Neutral 
mbex013
mbex013

Character sheet
Character Name: Ren Ashbell
Profession: Blade Dancer
Level:
Problems with the OC (Ordered Chapters) Left_bar_bleue1/1Problems with the OC (Ordered Chapters) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Problems with the OC (Ordered Chapters) Empty Re: Problems with the OC (Ordered Chapters)

Post by sjoe92 Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:51 am

Really, I'm thankful you brought it up. While I check each episode's .ass file and the OP/EDs so that everything is all right, I have noticed it with many of the re-encodes here and this happens because many encoders use GUIs which don't trim the video or the subs accurately.

Let me summarise some of the problems -
1. OP/ED has some slight changes requiring a new OP2/ED2, which encoders don't notice.
2. Some scenes from the OP/ED carry over to the episode due to inaccurate trimming.
3. Subtitles that begin immediately after an OC'ed chapter starts, are missing(like the word "Preview" or the episode title).
4. The subtitles are exactly one or two frames off; another error introduced due to inaccurately trimmed subtitles (This is especially noticeable with typesets and is a pretty common problem which makes signs look really ugly.)

Each of them has their solutions and fixes, so I guess we encoders should discuss it. Please do add on to this if you find some more problems, and perhaps a comment on the posts which have some of these errors can also be helpful.
sjoe92
sjoe92

Character sheet
Character Name: Minato Namikaze
Profession: Hokage
Level:
Problems with the OC (Ordered Chapters) Left_bar_bleue1/1Problems with the OC (Ordered Chapters) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Problems with the OC (Ordered Chapters) Empty Re: Problems with the OC (Ordered Chapters)

Post by mbex013 Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:10 pm

Thanks for the detailed observation sjoe

this is not connected to OC but I observe a some re-encoders are changing the titles of their release. Its hard to play it all together if the File/Segment titles are the same (I won't know what Episode I'm watching if that's the case)

I hope they release some patches for this. and is there a re-encoder evaluation or a topic/thread where we can contact a re-encoder?
mbex013
mbex013

Character sheet
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by mbex013 Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:19 am

regarding OC

maybe when the source is like for example Underwater subs (with honorifics and without honorifics) its better to do it the normal way than the OC

because when OCed if you choose the subs "with honorifics" the after the OP/ED plays the subs reverts back to the default "without honorifics"

so maybe its really better to not OC those kind of subs to keep the selected subs after the OP/ED plays
mbex013
mbex013

Character sheet
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down